Tuesday, December 16, 2008

my birthday

In honor of my big day...

33 RANDOM things about me at 33

1. My choice of drink on an airplane is always tomato juice. I figure it's the most expensive free drink and it's also the most filling.

2. I just started reading again this year. Before 2008 I can't tell you when I completed a full book... maybe college
.
3. I can say my abc's backwards really fast.

4. I can't eat soft bread - makes me gag.

5. For some reason, even when I lived with my parents, I kept my room/house clean while my car/minivan was/is a disaster. My brother was always the opposite.

6. I take 3 different classes at the YMCA: Pilate's, Zumba, and Strength Training and I just recently started running.

7. If I had to pick one place to spend the rest of my life all by myself I would choose Barnes & Noble.

8. I've started using canvas shopping bags for my shopping (trying to be greener).

9. My favorite poet is Edgar Allen Poe.

10. I have no desire to ever sky dive, but I would like to go on an African safari sometime in my lifetime.

11. Things I dislike: individually wrapped pieces of cheese - the taste and texture grosses me out.

12. ... when the deer eat my flowers

13. ... when people throw out cigarette buds as if they don't count as liter because they're small

14. ... shopping for clothes (actually, this is a love/hate relationship)

15. ... when the trash man decides to come 2 hours earlier than usual

16. Things I love: thunder storms - the really bad, power goes out kind

17. ... buying new scrapbooking supplies

18. ... Friday nights & Saturday mornings

19. ... a clean house

20. ... reading to my kiddos

21. ... going out to eat and to the movies

22. ... checking my voice mail/e-mail (they're like little presents)

23. ... tap dancing

24. ... working in the yard

25. ... living in Missouri - the best place to watch the seasons change

26. I've only purchased 2 cd's in the last 5 years: Dixie Chicks - Not Ready to Make Nice, and the Momma Mia sound track.

27. I prefer chocolate cake to white but prefer white frosting over of chocolate.

28. Halloween is my favorite non-Christian holiday.

29. I never learned how to dive.

30. My favorite food is pizza.

31. My favorite 'made up' baby name is Blaylee. I never got to use it because Adam doesn't believe in 'made up' baby names.

32. I usually take a nap every Sunday and have my whole life.

33. I'm blessed to have a loving husband, two healthy, happy, and usually well behaved children and very special friends.

3 comments:

Margo K said...

Happy Birthday Lisa. Your list is stupendous and inspiring. What great things to like and dislike. Maybe I will borrow your idea in January when I turn 41.

The Luke Family's Home Page said...

Hey - I forgot to tell you. I LOVE to get the bloody mary mix on a plane without the vodka. It's got that little zip to it that regular tomato juice doesn't have and it's still free!

And if you're looking for books to read - "The Wednesday Letters" (can't remember the author) is great, as are "Nineteen Minutes" and "My Sister's Keeper" both by Jodi Picoult, and this new book "Lamb" by Christopher Moore. It was good to see you yesterday!

REOS said...

Happy Birthday! I just celebrated my 39th. That list would just be too long to compose. Ha ha. I'm sorry we'll miss toasting our new years together!