Wednesday, April 22, 2009

this & that - this week

Happy Earth Day All!!!

Help the Earth!

STOP USING PLASTIC BAGS & BOTTLES!!!!!!

It's super easy - they now make these great cloth bags that are so much better than plastic - hold more and are easier to carry. I use my cloth bags for all my big shopping and then only use plastic for my quick trips to the store (and then, of course, I reuse them later). If you must use plastic (the cloth bags being too earth shattering to move to) then please do recycle them. Usually Wal-Mart has a place to turn them in.
Don't buy plastic bottles!!!! Get some reusable bottles that you can have forever. Even if you recycle bottles, it's still wasteful because of the energy that had to be used to make the bottle. Silly.
RECYCLE!!!!!!! My home town doesn't recycle and it makes me ill. Silly Maryville - get with the freakin' program!!!! In Kansas City, the only thing the city won't take is glass, but you can save it and take it in separate, which I do about 3 or 4 times a year. Last time I took Wesley with me, thinking it would be a learning experience for him, but then figured out it was really just showing him how much beer and wine Mommy and Daddy consume. Oops.
Not a scrap of clean paper should go in the trash. Thankfully, the kids are getting really good at recycling which is nice. My goal each week is no more than 2 kitchen trash bags of trash - I LOVE it when we only have one! How much trash do you set out each week? Just remember, the magic trash fairy isn't taking it and turning it into dust - it goes somewhere - for a long, long, time.
In other news at the Schieber House:
This is Wesley helping me with the laundry. He likes to dress up and then have me take pictures of him being silly.

Holly was in the 1st grade musical a few weeks ago. She did great, but half way through I had to get her down because it looked like she was going to pass out. She was okay, though.


This past weekend the kids went to Maryville and stayed the night at Schiebers. Looks like they had a good time!

2 comments:

Becky and Bob Houtchens said...

The picture of Wesley doing the underpants dance, complete with the pectoral tattoo, right beside Ben visciously choking Holly...completely cracks me up!

Lisa Lew said...

Yes, Becky, I agree. It perfectly captures life at Grandma's.