Of the three, FNL is my favorite. I've been watching for a few years now and have grown to love the small town of Dillon, TX and all the lovely people that live there. I think it appeals to me because it seems to be so real. Small town. Average people. And high school football. What's not to love?
This is Vince, played by Michael B. Jordan. Cutie. (He's really in his 20's so it's not weird at all that I have a little crush on him... right?:)) He plays a kid who's had a rough life but trying to turn his life around (okay, so it's a pretty typical story, but I still love it).
This is Luke played by Matt Lauria. He's a cutie too (and also in his 20's - so my crush is okay still). Luke not only plays football, but also works on his daddy's ranch...aaahhhhh.

(photo credit: google photos)
Luke and Coach Taylor.
(photo credit: google photos)My five seconds of fame started with an email blast. The Red Cross asking for volunteers to be extras in a shooting of FNL. The show is usually filmed in Austin, but for the big game they needed the Cotton Bowl. For every volunteer that came for the Red Cross, the Red Cross would receive $20.00. When Virginia and I heard about the opportunity to serve the Red Cross we knew that we would need to give up our Friday night to help them out. We're good people and that's what good people do. We help. Yes, yes, it's also our favorite TV show, but that's not really the point... :)
The filming took place at the Cotton Bowl at Fair Park in Dallas. We arrived at 4:00 p.m. and this was our first site.
The crew getting ready to shoot the bus pulling up at the Cotton Bowl.

Once we walked into the stadium it wasn't long before we started seeing the actors.Luke.
Vince talking to one of the assistant coaches, and Tinker catching me taking a picture.
Luke and Tinker practicing their lines.
Virginia fixing our cocktails - Sprite and 7Up... yeah... that's right... 7Up...:)
(Lisa's tip of the day: Never use a flask in a place that may not want you to have alcohol.)

I was too nervous to interrupt the actors while they were practicing and getting ready. But we found that by stalking the men's restroom, we would be able to grab some attention from our favorite players.
Vince and Virginia.
(If you can't tell, I'm a little star struck.)
We talked to Michael a while about the latest choices his character has been making on the show. So cool!!! Michael's also been on The Soprano's (where I first watched him).
Tinker also had to eventually use the restroom.:)


We had a conversation with Tinker about the show and he gave us a few insights. The negative part of this whole experience is that it's a bit of a show spoiler. But that's okay. I'll survive.
Sadly, Luke never had to use the bathroom.
Shooting the bus scene.

Coach Taylor on the bus about to step off.
The line for the extras to sign in. I was so glad that we came early because by this point all the actors were gone.
Our information sheet. (Because Extras are really important and need lots of information.:))





Tinker informed us about the two football teams - Team A and Team B. One team of actors and one team of athletes.
The real players following the real coach (the guy with the long sleeve t-shirt wrapped around his waist... just incase he got cold...in Texas... in July...)







What an experince!! We ended up being at the stadium for 8 and 1/2 hours. Quite a day but so worth it, even if we were really, really hot and uncomfortable the whole time. It was so interesting watching them film a football game. There's no game at all; which I guess I knew, but I thought it would at least resemble some of a football game. Very educational.Edited: Virginia and I watched the show last night and we did see ourselves for a split second. Very fun.:)























1 comment:
how very cool. thanks for the recap!
Post a Comment