Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Quotable Kid

Several months ago, I found this little book at the mall. I thought it would make a great Christmas gift for my sister-in-law, Becky, so I bought one right away. As it sat around my house waiting to be wrapped, I started to wonder if instead of giving it, I should keep it. I finally decided that Becky needed it so I wrapped it up and sent it off. Last month I was in the same store at the same mall and there it was again, so this time I got it for myself (well, technically I got it for my family).
I left some space in the front of the book to add in all the cute quotes I've been saving in other places, and just started writing right away. I love this book! It sits on my computer desk so it's always handy to grab and make a note. Some recent additions include:
"I have a crank in my leg!" Wesley talking about a cramp.
"Daddy I like your hair."
"Thanks."
"Did you get a new hair style?"
"No."
"Oh, from here it looks like you got a new hairstyle."
A conversation between Wesley and Adam while playing catch in the back yard.
Adam asked Holly if she heard that we're getting a new car.
"Yes, it has a tv, moon roof, and roll down windows. It's my dream car."
This is just a bit of what the kids say on a regular basis that I have always wanted to "capture" but just never had a good system. I'm so pleased to finally have a system!
You can get My Quotable Kid here.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Becky and Bob Houtchens said...

And I love, love, love the book!!! I also keep it right out handy on the desk so I can grab it at any time. I'm so glad you gave it to me instead of keeping the first copy for yourself! ;) Thanks!