
This week has been a tough one in our little community. We lost a lovely neighbor who was also a beautiful wife, mother, and a very special friend to a lot of people.
It's amazing to me that in the sadness of her sudden death, the people of this sweet neighborhood have banded together in love - love for the family and for all those who knew her.
Just yesterday a women came up and hugged me as I was watching the kids play after school. She said, "everyone needs a hug." We later introduced ourselves and I made a new friend. The spirit of the neighborhood is slowly turning from shock and grief to open hugs and faces willing to give smiles.
Being faced with something so tragic really makes you stop in your tracks and realize how precious life is.
Over the last few days I have been overwhelmed with how thankful I am. Thankful for the people in my life and all my blessings but also thankful for the daily routine that sometimes seems so mundane and pointless. I did the laundry this week with an attitude of thankfulness because I'm here to do it.
We are all blessing to the ones who love us. We need to be thankful everyday for the time we have to show love and be loved by others.
No comments:
Post a Comment