Thursday, May 1, 2008

Rock-Paper-Scissors

Life is funny sometimes. You just never know what you'll end up doing.

A few weeks ago I was out with some girlfriends and took part in a RPS tournament. I played 8 different people (best 2 out of 3) and just happen to win all 8 times. I ended up being the "grand champion" for the night and qualified for the Kansas City RPS Championship (who knew there was ever such a thing!). I wasn't going to attend this event but my dear husband thought it was for the best. You see, the winner of the "championship" would get a free trip to Vegas and a chance to win 50K. So, really, what did I have to loose?

The following Wednesday, Kristal and I along with Julie and Amy (and Amy's date for the night) made our way to Denim and Diamonds for my big night. There were about 15 people in the tournament and I actually won my first two hands. I lost my 3rd hand to the guy that was in the final round. Not too bad though; finished 3rd and was the last women standing. I'll take that, and maybe, if I keep practicing, there's hope for next year.:)




1 comment:

Becky and Bob Houtchens said...

Who knew that you had the hidden talent of Rock, Paper, Scissors! Funny stuff. But good job in your competition.