Wednesday, November 5, 2008

oh snap!


I'm bummed John and Sarah couldn't pull through, but it was really awesome to see the first black man ever to become the president-elect. What an amazing time to be alive in America.
Like I heard a lot last night from many political analysts, I too am ready to see who Obama is. I know he is charismatic and very likable, but I truly hope he can back up all is outstanding rhetoric.
Our country has been so starved for leadership over the past years. Bush wasn't a leader. Even as a republican I found it hard to watch him speak. We are thirsty for a leader who can lead with confidence and strength. My personal opinion is that Obama could make the same choices about the war that Bush did, but the difference would be that Obama could "sell" the "Stay the Course" speech, where Bush completely failed. We'll see. Should be interesting.
Congratulations Obama. Best of luck!
edited: It's buggin' the heck out of me that blogger isn't letting me use paragraph form.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful post, Lisa. Thought I would share this one as well: http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/2008/11/united-house.html

The Luke Family's Home Page said...

I agree. I am anxious to see what is next and hope everyone is ready to help implement the changes necessary to continue this nation's road of greatness.

Margo K said...

Eloquent points Lisa. You are so right about leadership. The ideas can be the same but someone who communicates, inspires and motivates is more likely to be successful no matter the challenge at hand. And we were sorely lacking that in the last 8 years.